Salvation

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:2)

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it. (John 3:16-17)

For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes - Jews first and also Gentiles. (Romans 1:16)

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. (Roman 6:23)

God saved you by his special favour when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

For God decided to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. He died for us that we can live with him forever, whether we are dead or alive at the time of his return. (1 Thessalonians 5:9-10)

I assure you, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. (John 5:24)

Jesus told her, I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die like everyone else, will live again. (John 11:25)

Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)

There is salvation in no one else! There is no other name in all of heaven for people to call on to save them. (Acts 4:12)



Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand, a beautiful poem!

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
- by Margaret Fishback Powers

No comments: