Abortion, the evil of in our Time

You shall not murder. (Deuteronomy 5:17)

Didn’t he who made me in the womb make him? Didn’t one fashion us in the womb? (Job 31:15)

Behold, children are a heritage of Yahweh. The fruit of the womb is his reward. (Psalms 127:3)

For behold, when the voice of your greeting came into my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy! (Luke 1:44)

Cursed is he who takes a bribe to kill an innocent person. All the people shall say, Amen. (Deuteronomy 27:25)

Keep far from a false charge, and don’t kill the innocent and righteous: for I will not justify the wicked. (Exodus 23:7)

Listen, islands, to me; and listen, you peoples, from far: Yahweh has called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother has he made mention of my name. (Isaiah 49:1)

Now the word of Yahweh came to me, saying, before I formed you in the belly, I knew you. Before you came forth out of the womb, I sanctified you. I have appointed you a prophet to the nations. (Jeremiah 1:4-5)

For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well. My frame wasn’t hidden from you, when I was made in secret, woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my body. In your book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there were none of them. (Psalms 139:13-16)

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who trusts in me to lose faith, it would be better for that person to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around the neck. (Matthew 18:6)



Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand, a beautiful poem!

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
- by Margaret Fishback Powers

No comments: