Encouragement and Hope

Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path. (Psalms 119:105)

You are my hiding place and my shield. I hope in your word. (Psalms 119:114)

In my trouble I cried to the Lord: and he heard me. (Psalms 120:1)

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me. You will stretch forth your hand against the wrath of my enemies. Your right hand will save me. (Psalms 138:7)

Preserve me, God, for in you do I take refuge. (Psalms 16:1)

My God, I have trusted in you. Don’t let me be shamed. Don’t let my enemies triumph over me. (Psalms 25:2)

Blessed be the Lord, for he hath heard the voice of my supplication.
(Psalms 28:6)

Delight in the Lord, and he will give thee the requests of thy heart.
(Psalms 37:4)

But I will sing of your strength. Yes, I will sing aloud of your loving kindness in the morning. For you have been my high tower, a refuge in the day of my distress. (Psalms 59:16)

In the multitude of my thoughts within me, your comforts delight my soul. (Psalms 94:19)

O Lord, you alone are my hope. I've trusted you, O Lord from childhood. (Psalm 71:5)

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go. I will counsel you with my eye on you. (Psalms 32:8)

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff,they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
(Psalm 23)




Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand, a beautiful poem!

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
- by Margaret Fishback Powers

No comments: