Dealing with Anger

Cease from anger, and forsake wrath. Don’t fret, it leads only to evildoing. (Psalms 37:8)

The Lord’s servant must not quarrel, but be gentle towards all, able to teach and be patient with difficult people. (II Timothy 2:24)

Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, outcry, and slander, be put away from you, with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

I desire therefore that the men in every place pray, lifting up holy hands without anger and doubting. (I Timothy 2:8)

But now you also put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and shameful speaking out of your mouth. (Colossians 3:8)

Be angry, and don’t sin.” Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath, neither give place to the devil. (Ephesians 4:26-27)

Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for building up as the need may be, that it may give grace to those who hear. (Ephesians 4:29)

So, then, my beloved brothers, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger; for the anger of man doesn’t produce the righteousness of God. (James 1:19-20)

But I tell you, that everyone who is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whoever shall say to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council; and whoever shall say, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of the fire of Gehenna. (Matthew 5:22)

And don't sin by letting anger gain control over you. Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a mighty foothold to the Devil. (Ephesians 4:26-27)



Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand, a beautiful poem!

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
- by Margaret Fishback Powers

No comments: