Security and Protection

The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not hurt you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord keeps you from all evil and preserves your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. (Psalm 121:5-8)

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my saviour; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)

The Lord is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger - so why should I tremble? (Psalm 27:1)

Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will know no fear. Even if they attack me, I remain confident. (Psalm 27:3)

Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. (Psalm 27:13)

For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. (Psalm 32:7)

For the Lord loves justice, and he will never abandon the godly. (Psalm 37:28)

Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor. The Lord rescues them in times of trouble. The Lord protects them and keeps them alive. He gives them prosperity and rescues them from their enemies. (Psalm 41:1-2)

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare of the Lord; He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him. (Psalm 91:1-2)

The Lord says, I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. (Psalm 91:14)



Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand, a beautiful poem!

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
- by Margaret Fishback Powers

No comments: