Leadership in Church

I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve. and it was the woman, not Adam, who was deceived by Satan, and sin was the result. (1. Timothy 2:12-14)

It is a true saying that if someone wants to be an elder, he desires an honourable responsibility. For an elder must be a man whose life cannot be spoken against. He must be faithful to his wife. He must exhibit self-control, live wisely, and have a good reputation. He must enjoy having guests in his home and must be able to teach.
(1. Timothy 3:1-2

In the same way deacons must be people who are respected and have integrity. They must not be heavy drinkers and must not be greedy for money. They must be committed to the revealed truths of the Christian faith and must live with a clear conscience. Before tehy are appointed as deacons, they should be given other responsibilities in the church as a test of their character and ability. If they do well, then they may serve as deacons. (1. Timothy 3:8-10)

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go. I will counsel you with my eye on you. (Psalms 32:8)

Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, and don’t lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Where there is no wise guidance, the nation falls, but in the multitude of counselors there is victory. (Proverbs 11:14)

The king who fairly judges the poor, his throne shall be established forever. (Proverbs 29:14)

But Jesus summoned them, and said, You know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you, but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. Whoever desires to be first among you shall be your bondservant, even as the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. (Matthew 20:25-28)

As each has received a gift, employ it in serving one another, as good managers of the grace of God in its various forms. (1 Peter 4:10)

If your gift is to encourage others, do it! If you have money share it generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly. (Romans 12:8)



Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand, a beautiful poem!

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
- by Margaret Fishback Powers

No comments: