Faith and Trust

Knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. (James 1:3)

Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, proof of things not seen.
(Hebrews 11:1)

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world: your faith. (I John 5:4)

Above all, taking up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one. (Ephesians 6:16)

But let him ask in faith, without any doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed. (James 1:6)

One who believes in the Son has eternal life, but one who disobeys the Son won’t see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. (John 3:36)

But Jesus, turning around and seeing her, said, Daughter, cheer up! Your faith has made you well. And the woman was made well from that hour. (Matthew 9:22)

Without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing to him, for he who comes to God must believe that he exists, and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)

The Lord said, if you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you would tell this sycamore tree, ‘Be uprooted, and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you. (Luke 17:6)

What good is it, my brothers, if a man says he has faith, but has no works? Can faith save him? And if a brother or sister is naked and in lack of daily food, and one of you tells them, go in peace, be warmed and filled; and yet you didn’t give them the things the body needs, what good is it? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead in itself. (James 2:14-17)



Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand, a beautiful poem!

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
- by Margaret Fishback Powers

No comments: