Depression and Despair

Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the Lord. (Psalm 32:10)

The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. (Psalm 37:23-24)

Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Saviour and my God. (Psalm 42:5)

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

He was despised and rejected - a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way he went by. He was despised, and we did not care.
But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was wipped, and we were healed! (Isaiah 53:3,5)

To all who mourn in Israel, he will give beauty for ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of despair. For the Lord has planted them like strong and graceful oaks for his own glory. (Isaiah 61:3)

Come, let us return to the Lord! He has torn us in pieces; now he will heal us. He has unjured us; now he will bandage our wounds. (Hosea 6:1)

I have told you all this so that you may peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honour you. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you. (1 Peter 5:6-7)

For I can do erverything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. (Philippians 4:13)



Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand, a beautiful poem!

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
- by Margaret Fishback Powers

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a great fun reading your blogs.Thank you for making this beautiful and awesome blogs. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Please dont forget to visit me in my site @ www.imarksweb.org. Thank you.